Share

Share |

December 31, 2009

A New Way of Being: Living 2010 as a Spiritual Practice

After years of thinking that the ideal life is one that is authentic, fully integrated and non-compartmentalized, I've begun to see the limitations of that short (though worthy of pursuit) list.

This year I am going to experiment with living all of life - as a whole - as a spiritual practice. I'm guessing in many ways this will be similar to beginning an intentional practice of living a more contemplative life at a pace suited to my own God-created rhythm.

1000 thoughts per second is definitely the way my brain works, so I am very interested in finding ways to both intentionally slow down and to effectively use my brain's natural way of processing information. Some of my content will be related to these 1000 thoughts per second and some will be specifically oriented to this journey toward Living 2010.

I will also be tweeting bits and pieces of this journey with #living2010 and #1000thoughts. As I'm actively involved in both 'Real Life' (RL; f2f; face to face) and 'Virtual Life' (SL; Facebook; Twitter; etc.) communities, I'm interested in integrating those worlds in my own personal context.

You can follow me on Twitter, mbmccandless, or you can find me on Facebook MaryBeth Hancock McCandless (you'll have to log in and friend me, let me know you found me through this blog). Or if you just want to offer ideas beyond a comment, feel free to email me. I'd love to be in conversation with those who are pursuing different ways of living, loving and being.

Peace & Presence,

MB

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Have you actually written a rule or are you planning on winging it? Is there something in between?

Elaine
Norman, Oklahoma

Mary Beth Hancock McCandless said...

It's something in between, Elaine. I have a lot of ideas for the 'how' - some things I've done before and some I haven't. I'm going to choose a general focus each week and live with it day by day. I'm also going to post everyday - but the daily posts may or may not directly relate to the weekly 'practicing'. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome!

Post a Comment