Share

Share |

January 6, 2010

Being - revisited


Yesterday I posted some info on the Examen. I really like the way it becomes sort of a 'reverse' planning process - reviewing the day and then praying some element from the review and then looking toward tomorrow. It felt sort of 'natural' for me. 
Tomorrow I'm going to try praying some form of the Examen before each meal - I'm wondering if reviewing a portion of the day (rather than the whole day) will feel significantly different. I'm also wondering if intentionally practicing more immediate feedback and gratitude will help me develop more of a sense of God at work in all things (not just in hindsight, but also in the midst of the living.)
For example, I would revise the way I pray the Examen something like this before breakfast:
1. Become aware of God’s presence.
2. Review the waking hour(s) with gratitude.
3. Pay attention to your emotions.
4. Choose one feature of the morning and pray from it.
5. Look toward the activity of the morning before lunch.

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment